The Hall effect sensor is a transducer that varies its output voltage in response to a magnetic field.
Features of Hall Effect Sensor:
- Such a switch costs less than a mechanical switch and is much more reliable.
- It can be operated up to 100 kHz.
- It does not suffer from contact bounce because a solid state switch with hysteresis is used rather than a mechanical contact.
- It will not be affected by environmental contaminants since the sensor is in a sealed package.
- It can measure a wide range of magnetic fields.
- Option is available that can measure either North or South pole magnetic fields.
Applications of Hall Effect Sensor:
- Proximity Switching.
- Speed Detection.
- Current sensing applications.
- DIY projects.
- Robotics projects.
- Arduino projects.
- Raspberry-Pi projects.
- Electrical/Electronic projects.