A voltage regulator IC maintains the output voltage at a constant value. 7805 IC, a member of 78xx series of fixed linear voltage regulators used to maintain such fluctuations, is a popular voltage regulator integrated circuit (IC). The xx in 78xx indicates the output voltage it provides. 7805 IC provides +5 volts regulated power supply with provisions to add a heat sink.
- Input voltage (7V-35V)
- Regulated output 5V (4.8V-5.2V)
- Ground (0V)
- Quiescent (standby) current: 5mA
- Circuits requiring steady 5v supply.
- Protection for devices having specific voltage sensitivity.
- DIY projects requiring specific voltage from an existing higher/ varying voltage supply.