A DC Geared DC motor is a simple DC motor with gearbox attached to the shaft of the motor which is mechanically commutated electric motor powered from direct current (DC).
- Gear materials: Metal.
- Motor types: Permanent-magnet.
- Brush-type: Brush.
- Drive Type: Homopolar motors.
- Magnet type: Ferrite magnets.
- Torque multiplication: Generate a large force at a low speed.
- DIY Projects.
- Battery-operated toys.
- Disk drives Steel rolling mills Paper.
- Machines Medical equipment.
- Radio-controlled aircraft.
- Automobiles Drive systems Positioning.
- Industrial and consumer actuators Winches Robotics Mixers.
- Robotic projects.