This is a basic 16 character by 1 line display. Black text on Green background. This is based on the most common Hitachi’s HD44780 parallel interface chipset. The HD44780U dot-matrix liquid crystal display controller and driver LSI displays alphanumeric, Japanese kana characters, and symbols.
Features of 16×1 Character LCD Display:
- 5 × 8 and 5 × 10 dot matrix possible.
- Low power operation support:2.7 to 5.5V.
- Wide range of liquid crystal display driver power: 3.0 to 11V.
- Liquid crystal drive waveform: A (One line frequency AC waveform).
- Correspond to high-speed MPU bus interface: 2 MHz (when VCC = 5V).
- 4-bit or 8-bit MPU interface enabled.
- 80 × 8-bit display RAM (80 characters max.).
- 9,920-bit character generator ROM for a total of 240 character fonts.
- 208 character fonts (5 × 8 dots).
- 32 character fonts (5 × 10 dots).
Applications of 16×1 Character LCD Display:
- Password-based door locked system.
- Moving message display.
- GSM based digital notice board.
- Electrical/electronic device display unit.
- 8051/AVR/ARM/PIC/Arduino/Raspberry-pi based projects.
There are no reviews yet.